Insulated ground floors
Our Jetfloor system, has been the market-leading solution for thermally insulated structural ground floors since its introduction in 1982. It brings together structural and thermal performance in one insulated ground floor solution. Quick and simple to install, Jetfloor’s flexible configuration design provides a future-proofed robust solution for housebuilders, specifiers and homeowners. Jetfloor was the UK’s first system to use expanded polystyrene blocks combined with a structural concrete topping to provide high levels of thermal insulation.
Jetfloor has been developed to offer simple and robust detailing. The main details are represented here, but for construction purposes please refer to site specific layout drawings by Bison Precast.
- 150mm or 225mm prestressed beam
- Thermalite spacer block
- EPS infill block
- Damp-proof course
- Structural grade overlay sheet min strength 130N/mm2
- Structural concrete topping
- Membrane if required
- Air vents
- Perimeter insulation (if required)
Jetfloor was the UK’s first system to use expanded polystyrene blocks combined with a structural concrete topping to provide high levels of thermal insulation.
- Flexible U-value performance
- Improved Psi value due to unique Psi-Block®
- Thermal mass
- A+ Green Guide rating
- Reduced dwelling emission rates
- Reduced excavation and spoil removal
- No waste
- Increased speed of build
- No specialist skills required
- Available nationwide
- Supply only or supply and install
- Comprehensive in-house technical support
- CE marked to BS EN 15037 and certified by the BBA since 1988 to latest relevant codes and standards
- All precast concrete products and processes comply with all relevant standards and are manufactured in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001
- Accredited to BS EN 14001 and BES 6001 responsible sourcing
- Standard housing
- Retirement apartments – ground floors only
- High-rise apartments – ground floors only
“We have extensive experience of housing schemes and helping to deliver value for our clients. We have applied our knowledge to review the new Jetfloor product. Certainly given typical build requirements and site conditions the Jetfloor system provides a good cost-effective solution with the benefit of reduced off site disposal. It would certainly be an option that we would advise our clients to consider on housing projects."
Bison Precast request a quote
Our experts are on hand to provide you with the most cost-effective solution, and can provide guidance at every stage of a project, from concept to completion. We will work with you to deliver practical support from the earliest design stages, specifying the most appropriate products and solutions from the Bison Precast range.
Bison Precast technical enquiry
From concept to completion, our experts are on hand to provide technical guidance at every stage of your project. By working with you from the earliest design stages, we can specify the most appropriate products from the Bison Precast range to help you select the most cost-effective solution.